Following a successful application to The Heritage Lottery Fund for a grant towards a Heritage Trail project (through its Sharing Heritage scheme), the CASPER Delivery Group is looking to recruit 4-5 Tour Guides. The Guides will be paid a small fee for each tour taken. The tours are 1-2 miles in a circuit and will take 90 – 120 minutes.
It will allow Coleshill to benefit from tourism visitors keen to enjoy the town’s rich and diverse heritage with the help of the tour guides, following a series of markers.
CASPER stands for Coleshill Art Space Project Everyone Respects and the ‘Everyone Respects’ part refers to the fact that the Coleshill themes of stagecoaching, circus elephant, tea and 3 rivers (Blythe, Cole and Tame) are all referenced in some way by the Peter Walker statue that will form the starting point in High Street for each heritage tour.
Skills and Experience required
- Able to work independently to deliver high quality tours of the town.
- Focus on delivering customer service, while being professional, courteous and welcoming service to all tour groups making sure that they enjoy an experience.
- Experience of presenting information in a confident manner and easy style to groups of people.
- Flexible availability, to include weekends and Bank Holidays(although the regular dates will be planned ahead for the year).
- Good general knowledge of the town’s history (N.B. guides will be provided with a script for each marker, though, so you are not expected to know it all).
Anyone interested should contact Megan or Colin on 01675 463326 or call into the Town Hall between 9am -1pm, Monday to Friday to have an informal chat about the positions.