We have produced a video to boost coverage for the CASPER Project. Please click on the spacehive link to get your pledges of £2 or more so that we can hit the target of £24,000 by 22nd January. Let’s make this a success for Coleshill!!
Archive for year: 2017
Press release – Monday 18th December 2017
The Mayor of Coleshill Town Council, is delighted to announce that he will be visiting four care homes in Coleshill on Christmas Day morning, to help bring some extra Christmas cheer to the people of Coleshill.
The schedule for the morning is as follows:-
9.00 am Orchard Blythe Care Home
10.00 am St. Vincent’s House
11.00 am St Joseph’s Care Home
12.00 noon St. Catherine’s Bungalows
If anyone is visiting family or friends at the same time please join in the festive occasion.
The Town Council presents below a half-year newsletter reporting on information and activities.
The Coleshill Art Space Project – Everyone Respects
CASPER will recognise Coleshill’s place on the map with a representation of the town: a statue, sculpture, mural or some other art piece on a prominent location in the High Street. Coleshill has a rich and long history to show: –
The Roman era; William the Conqueror & reference to the town as a Royal Manor in Doomsday Book (11th Century); King John & signing of the market charter (13th Century); Stagecoach /turnpike era and Jack O’Watton, the Highwayman; Famous names of Sumner (Typhoo Tea), Digby, Wingfield and Father Hudson; the circus elephant buried off Parkfield Road in 1910; Daniel Defoe’s 20th century comment – “a small but very handsome market-town”; the town with 3 rivers (Cole, Blythe and Tame) and current town twinning with Chassieu in France.
The Working Group has achieved much in the project to date:
- We have £10,000+ pledged towards the total fund,
- Sculptors have been or will be assisting with ‘in kind’ services,
- A business sponsor, Certas Energy (the operator on the fuel station on the High Street),
- An Working Group (comprising reps from the Town Council, Civic Society, Coleshill Post and parish church),
- Voluntary organisations like the Masons Lodge, Love Coleshill, U3A and Ale Tasters all supporting the effort financially or in other ways,
- Promises of assistance from 2 junior schools via the head teachers,
- Land now made available at a peppercorn rent.
However, at the moment the project desperately needs:
Pledges of any value are needed ASAP for the project to continue. Crowd funding target end date is 12/01/18. www.spacehive.com/casper
To download the file please click here